The Mapúa Cardinals are the National Collegiate Athletic Association (Philippines) basketball team of the Mapúa Institute of Technology.
The other seniors varsity teams may also be referred to as the Cardinals. The juniors team were the Red Robins. The juniors team was recently inactive due to the closing of Mapúa High School. From the 2008-09 season onward, Mapúa will be represented in the juniors division by the newly-established Malayan High School of Science.
The Mapúa Cardinals holds the NCAA record for the most number of General Championships in the seniors division with a total of 20–the last of these championships was won in 1993. At distant second is the Colegio de San Juan de Letran which has 8 seniors titles.
Of the total Seniors GC’s won by the Cardinals, 10 were hauled from the 1980s to the mid-1990s in addition to 3 (out of a total 8) in the juniors division over the same period, a testament to the distinguished leadership of the legendary Valerio “Amang” Lopez as Athletic Director.
- League : NCAA
- Joined : 1930
- Seniors’ general championships : NCAA: 20 (1960-61, 1964-65, 1965-66, 1966-67, 1969-70, 1970-71, 1971-72, 1973-74, 1975-76, 1978-79. 1980-81, 1982-83, 1983-84, 1984-85, 1986-87, 1987-88, 1990-91, 1991-92, 1992-93, 1993-94)
- Juniors’ general championships : NCAA: 8 (1964-65, 1968-69, 1969-70, 1970-71, 1972-73, 1984-85, 1985-86, 1994-95)
- Location : Intramuros, Manila
- Team colors : Red, gold and black
- Juniors’ team : Malayan Red Robins
- Staple cheer : Viva Mapúa!